What are the rights of a Filipino Citizen?9:20 PM
As a Filipino, you must know your rights. This is to protect you from government officials abuses . It is clearly stated in our constitution our rights as a Filipino citizen.
It is in Article IV of the Philippines Constitution called the Bill of Rights. So what are the Bill of Rights?
1. Right to due process of law and equal protection of the law.
2. Right from arbitrary arrest and unreasonable search and seizures.
3. Privacy of communication of correspondence.
4. Freedom of speech and freedom of the press.
5. Right to peaceful assembly and petition.
6. Freedom of religion.
7. Liberty of abode and travel.
8. Right to secure information from government records.
9. Right to form associations.
10. Right to own property.
11. Inviolability of contracts.
12. Right to a speedy and public trial.
13. Right against self-incrimination and right to counsel.
14. Freedom from torture, threat, or secret detention.
15. Compensation for torture and rehabilitation of victims and their families.
16. Right to bail.
17. Presumption of innocence
18. Writ of habeas corpus.
19. Freedom of innocence.
20. Prohibition against the death penalty and excessive fines.
21. Right to humane and adequate facilities.
22. No imprisonment for failure of debts or poll tax.
23. Right against double jeopardy.
24. Right to vote and to hold office.
25. Prohibition of ex post facto law and bill of attainder.